AAUA Aggregate Score for All Courses

Are you an aspiring student looking to secure admission at the prestigious Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)?

In this comprehensive guide, I will unravel the intricacies of AAUA’s admission process, particularly focusing on the all-important aggregate score and departmental cut-off marks.

AAUA's aggregate score for all courses

AAUA’s aggregate score for all courses

What is the AAUA Aggregate Score?

Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, calculates the aggregate score for all its courses using a specific formula.

Understanding this formula is crucial for prospective students, as it plays a significant role in determining your eligibility for admission.

The AAUA aggregate score formula is as follows:

Aggregate Score = (JAMB Score / 400 × 60) + (Post UTME Score / 100 × 40)

In simple terms, your JAMB score contributes 60% to your aggregate score, while your Post UTME score contributes the remaining 40%.

This means that excelling in both your JAMB and Post UTME exams is essential for securing a spot at AAUA.

The General Cut-Off Mark

Before we delve into departmental cut-off marks, it’s important to note the general cut-off mark for AAUA.

The general cut-off mark is the minimum score you need to even be considered for admission.

At AAUA, the general cut-off mark is set at 160.

This score is the baseline, and aspiring students must score at least this much to have a chance.

Departmental Cut-Off Marks

Now, let’s explore the departmental cut-off marks.

These marks are specific to each academic department and program, and they often vary.

The departmental cut-off mark is the score you need to meet or exceed to be eligible for admission into a particular course.

Different programs have different requirements, and they depend on factors such as the program’s popularity, the number of applicants, and the available spaces.

Here’s a table that provides insight into the departmental cut-off marks for some of the most popular courses at AAUA:

CourseAggregate Score Required
Medicine and Surgery245
Computer Science230
Business Administration220
Mass Communication210
English Language205
History and International Studies200
AAUA’s aggregate score for all courses

Understanding Departmental Cut-Off Marks

It’s important to emphasize that the departmental cut-off marks mentioned above serve as guidelines.

They provide an indication of the competitive nature of admission into specific courses at AAUA.

However, these marks are subject to change and can vary from year to year.

The actual departmental cut-off marks are influenced by several factors:

  • Number of Applicants: If a particular program receives a large number of applications, the competition is fiercer, and the cut-off mark may be higher.
  • Available Spaces: The number of available slots for a specific course also affects the cut-off mark. Limited spaces mean higher competition.
  • Academic Performance: AAUA may adjust the cut-off marks based on the overall performance of applicants in a given year.
AAUA’s aggregate score for all courses


In conclusion, securing admission into Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, is a goal worth pursuing.

Understanding the intricacies of the admission process, including the aggregate score and departmental cut-off marks, is crucial for aspiring students.

Remember that while the guidelines provided here are useful, they can change from year to year.

Therefore, it’s essential to stay updated with the latest information and strive to perform your best in both the JAMB and Post UTME exams.

Your journey to AAUA begins with a clear understanding of the admission requirements.

So, aim high, study hard, and best of luck on your path to becoming a proud AAUA student!

In order to stay informed, always check the University’s website for more updates.

You can also check:

ADSU Aggregate Score for All Courses

MAUTECH Aggregate Score for all Courses

Leave a Reply

Verified by MonsterInsights