ABSU Aggregate Score for All Courses

When it comes to securing admission into the Abia State University (ABSU), understanding the ABSU aggregate score is crucial.

This score plays a pivotal role in determining whether you’ll be accepted into your desired course.

In this comprehensive guide, I’ll break down the ABSU aggregate score, how it’s calculated, and what you need to know to increase your chances of gaining admission.

ABSU Aggregate Scores

ABSU Aggregate Scores

What is the ABSU Aggregate Score?

The ABSU aggregate score is a critical factor in the university’s admission process.

It is calculated based on a combination of your JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) score and your Post UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) score.

This score is used to assess your eligibility for various courses at ABSU.

How to Calculate ABSU Aggregate Score

To calculate your ABSU aggregate score, you’ll use the following formula:

Aggregate Score = (JAMB Score / 400) * 40% + (Post UTME Score / 100) * 60%

This equation reflects that 40% of your total score comes from your JAMB result, while the remaining 60% is attributed to your Post UTME performance.

The Significance of Your JAMB Score

Your JAMB score is a substantial contributor to your aggregate score.

Therefore, scoring well in your JAMB examination is crucial for improving your chances of securing admission.

The higher your JAMB score, the greater your advantage in the admission process.

The Importance of Your Post UTME Score

While JAMB contributes significantly, your Post UTME score also holds a substantial weight in determining your aggregate score.

Achieving a high score in the Post UTME exam is equally essential to enhance your chances of admission.

Different courses at ABSU have varying minimum aggregate score requirements.

Here are the minimum aggregate scores for some of the most sought-after courses at the university:

CourseMinimum Aggregate Score
Medicine and Surgery220
Business Administration180
Computer Science180
ABSU Aggregate Scores

Please keep in mind that these are just indicative minimum aggregate scores.

The actual cut-off marks for admission may fluctuate from year to year, depending on factors such as the number and quality of applicants.

I, advise interested candidates to always check the ABSU website for up-to-date information on the required criteria for admission.

The Role of O’level Grades

In addition to your aggregate score, ABSU also considers your O’level results when making admission decisions.

To be eligible, candidates must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in relevant O’level subjects, which must include English Language and Mathematics.

Ensuring you meet these O’level requirements is vital to enhance your chances of gaining admission.

ABSU Aggregate Scores


Understanding the ABSU aggregate score is vital for anyone aspiring to secure admission into Abia State University.

While the minimum aggregate score for admission varies among courses, achieving a high aggregate score is an essential step toward realizing your academic goals.

Additionally, don’t forget the significance of your O’level results in the admission process.

By striving for excellence in both your JAMB and Post UTME exams and ensuring you meet the O’level requirements, you can significantly enhance your prospects of becoming a proud ABSU student.

Good luck on your academic journey!

You may also check:

University of Lagos Overview| Courses| School Fees| Admission Requirement

University Of Maiduguri Overview| Courses| School Fees| Admission Requirement

Leave a Reply

Verified by MonsterInsights